Features and benefits
• Standardised potency
• High dosage preparation
• Assists as a natural liver tonic
• Supports liver regeneration
• Assists the liver in the detoxification processes
• Help maintain digestive function
• Support the liver by promoting elimination of wastes
• Help maintain healthy liver function
• Help maintain the liver’s detoxification and elimination processes
• Help combat free radicals
The major action of Liver Tonic is on the liver. The liver performs an incredible number of functions in the body. The major functions of the liver include the production of bile and the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins, fats and many other compounds used by the body. It also metabolises drugs and detoxifies numerous ingested substances such as alcohol, as well as toxins produced by the body.
Liver Tonic supports the liver and has an antioxidant and free radical scavenging action. This action appears to be largely due to the action of the active constituents in Liver Tonic which are a complex of flavanolignans collectively called silymarin.
Silymarin can help protect the liver against toxins that cause liver damage, as well as stimulate the replacement of old and damaged cells with new liver cells.
Adults – Take 1 capsule once a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children under 12 years – Only as professionally prescribed.